Wearer of Many Hats at All Things Internet Since 1996
- Newport Beach, California (Orange County, California Area)
- Information Technology and Services
Since 1996, planned and developed dozens of websites from start-up web ventures to enterprise level web-based applications. As a hands-on web project manager with knowledge of common web programming and database technologies, not only just managed projects, but became a valuable contributor for many development teams. Detail-oriented team player provided insight into issues and ability to remove roadblocks inhibiting ongoing development. With an advanced technical background, has a unique ability to translate business requirements into workable plans that developers easily understand as well as appreciate. Supports teams with a loyal work ethic and a get-it-done attitude.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
* SDLC, Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
* Brain Storming, Technical Requirements Gathering and JAD sessions
* Project Budget Development and Tracking
* Team Building and Management
* Resource, Milestone and Timeline Planning
* Project Proposals, Technical Specifications and Use Cases
* Graphical Screen Mockups and Application Prototypes
* Visio Work Flow, Process Flow Charts and MindJet Site Maps
* Microsoft Project Plans
* Web-based Project Tracking Systems (Jira, Basecamp, ActiveCollab, FlySpray, etc.)
* Project Tracking, Status Reporting and Risk Assessments
WEB PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, SalesForce
INTERNET MARKETING SKILLS
Affiliate Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Domain Name Research, Keyword Ad Campaigns (PPC), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Submissions, Website Structure Analysis
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION SKILLS
Desktop Support, Email Servers, FTP Servers, Firewalls, Hardware Installation / Upgrades / Troubleshooting, Network Storage Devices, TCP/IP Networking, Remote Desktop, Security, Virus / Spyware Detection and Elimination, Windows Server Administration, Linux Server Administration
IT Business Analyst
October 2013 – Present (1 year) Fountain Valley, CA
* Recreated the company's partner rewards program, in use by thousands of partner sales reps resulting in a $100,000/year savings for the company.
* Developed a reporting website for partner rewards data, consuming information via web services and FTP data pulls, compiling with ColdFusion and MySQL, and outputting in universal CSV format.
* Created a recruitment website with WordPress for human resources.
* Created an online store for spare parts with WordPress and WooCommerce utilizing Authorize.NET for payment processing.
* Installed and managed a web-based project tracking system.
* Contributed coding and database development experience to each project.
* Wrote SalesForce data loader queries bulk information exports.
* Interviewed coworkers from various business units about the business
* Collected business requirements and created flow charts to illustrate the
* Analyzed business needs, objections and requirements.
* Wrote software requirements specifications.
* Tested systems to identity problems and design issues.
* Prepared user manuals and training materials.
* Provided support and hands on training to end users.
Technical Services Programmer / Analyst
Privately Held; 51-200 employees; Telecommunications industry
February 2011 – March 2013 (2 years 2 months) Newport Beach, CA
• From conception to completion, created http://www.cliktocall.com
• Converted the company website (http://www.messagebroadcast.com) to the popular content management system WordPress, enabling all levels of employees and outside contractors the ability to maintain the content of the website.
• Integrated the company website with Salesforce to gather and auto-distribute sales leads to sales team.
• Installed a live chat system on the company website, enabling all staff members of all departments to interact with website visitors depending upon their various needs.
• Created a multi-channel online marketing strategy that encompasses white hat SEO tactics, paid search engine ad placements (SEM), and email marketing techniques to drive traffic, and ultimately new sales opportunities to the company.
• Implemented Google Analytics tracking to measure all online marketing efforts, including specific goals tied to Google AdWords campaigns.
• Created an email marketing system with similar functionality to well-known email service providers such as Constant Contact, Vertical Response, and others.
• Created an online document tracking and approval system, therein eliminating the archaic methods of printing, faxing, and emailing important documents to clients.
• Utilized extensive knowledge of ColdFusion, Microsoft SQL, WordPress and MySQL in the planning and development of web-based applications.
• Documented all major projects with MindJet MindManager.
Ocean Living, Inc.
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Real Estate industry
July 2010 – January 2011 (7 months) Irvine, CA
• Built and maintained the company’s ColdFusion-based website: http://www.mrren.com.
• Configured an external email marketing system, Constant Contact, trained marketing staff on correct usage of the system. The company delivered, on average, 250,000 email messages per month to customer base.
• Established an internal project tracking system and thorough documentation procedures for all projects.
• Setup multiple internal file share systems and security for various levels of management.
• Configured secure network access including managing the SonicWall network security device, configured routers, firewalls, Active Directory server, anti-virus software, Terminal Server, remote clients, mobile devices, etc.
• Moved key employees to Microsoft Exchange Server and configured mobile devices for email access.
• Built and maintained the company’s accounting server including secure remote access for external accountants and established a backup plan for critical accounting data files.
• Maintained and improved integration of social networks as marketing channels including Facebook, Meetup.com and LinkedIn with other marketing efforts and the company website.
• Provided Microsoft Windows server support for internal and external Windows-based file servers, web servers, mail servers, and a cloud-computing platform at RackSpace.
• Established backup plans for email, documents, media and critical servers and quickly recovered critical data losses during hardware and software failures.
• Provided strategy and direction to the marketing team for ongoing internet and email marketing efforts and the company management team on overall company strategies.
ColdFusion Software Engineer
July 2009 – May 2010 (11 months) Costa Mesa, CA
• Assisted with requirements gathering and meetings with clients and created flow charts, project charters, functional specifications, project plans and other documentation as needed.
• Established thorough documentation procedures for requirements gathering including the use of MindJet and a web-based project tracking system for all major projects.
• Created detailed work estimates for all new projects and assisted with sales strategies.
• Monitored all projects with an online tracking system capable of identifying potential slippages in schedules.
• Provided ColdFusion programming for new and existing online exam preparation and testing platforms including integration with third party servers via XML and web services, automated data exchanges, and e-commerce payment gateways.
• Established an issue tracking system used to monitor daily support requests and ongoing projects, and installed a document tracking system (Microsoft SharePoint) for company-wide intelligence.
• Evaluated for hire and managed other ColdFusion developers (Teams of 1-2 developers). Configured and maintained all Windows-based Systems, including many dedicated servers hosted with RackSpace, and internal development servers. Reconfigured and consolidated outdated and unneeded equipment, saving the company $36-50k annually while improving system-wide performance, reliability, and availability.
• Managed DNS, firewalls, security and network connections.
• Performed ongoing systems analysis to identify bottlenecks in processes, such as tuning the Microsoft SQL queries and optimizing long-running ColdFusion templates.
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Media Production industry
February 2007 – January 2008 (1 year) Irvine, CA
• Contributed to the creation of a social networking website designed to be an online meeting place for Orange County's 275,000 high school students.
• Facilitated months of requirements gathering meetings and authored the project documentation.
• Created the technical structure of the system, including the database structure.
• Directly managed a team of four dedicated web developers, including daily prioritizations of tasks.
• Was involved in the actual programming of the website itself utilizing PHP and MySQL in a multi-tiered, version-controlled development environment.
• Regularly communicated internally with about 40 people involved in the project and externally with 3rd party technology partners such as: Google, Amazon Associates, Pluck, Brightcove, and Zvents.
• Wrote specifications and developed a project plans to centralize the company's content management systems across multiple web properties. In doing so, reduced significant costs associated with maintaining multiple websites.
Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Internet industry
December 2005 – January 2007 (1 year 2 months) Irvine, CA
• Oversaw the development of new products for the company throughout the entire life cycle from strategic planning to managing implementation.
• Led the production of many opt-in lead generation web portals.
• Regularly translated marketing requirements into technical documentation and acted as the main contact between a small team of web developers, graphics artists, and senior management of the company.
• Developed and maintained the company's project tracking system, in use by 100 employees.
• Was also personally involved in the development process as well, helping out with graphics, PHP programming, MySQL database design, project management, and all other logistics as needed.
• Was successful in promoting the company through search engine optimization efforts and search engine marketing efforts that have resulted in the company's various websites consistently being ranked in the first page of search results for nearly all relevant keywords on all major search engines.
Skills & Expertise
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Servers
- Database Administration
- Database Design
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Exchange
- Mind Mapping
- Requirements Gathering
- Project Planning
- Web Project Management
- Google Analytics
- Website Development
- Email Marketing
- Web Development
- Software Development
- Web 2.0
- Application Development
- Business Analysis
- Web Analytics
- Software Project Management
- Requirements Analysis
Authors: Mark Warrick
- January 1, 2006
English(Native or bilingual proficiency)
Psychology and Business
Orange Coast College
- POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (PSYC A200)
- INTRO TO ENTREPRENEURSHIP (BUS A240)
Psychology, Marketing, Business Management, Accounting, Photography
Orange Coast College
- PRINCIPLES OF ACCOUNTING (ACCT A101)
- PRINCIPLES/MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING (ACCT A102)
- INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING (ACCT A211)
- MICROCOMPUTER ACCOUNTING (ACCT A110)
- COST ACCOUNTING (ACCT 210)
- APPLIED MANAGEMENT (MGMT A100)
- BUSINESS LAW (ACCT A110)
- HUMAN RELATIONS AND SUPERVISION (MGMT A115)
- APPLIED COMMUNICATIONS (MGMT A239)
- BUSINESS ENGLISH (BUS A138)
- INTRO TO MARKETING (MKTG A100)
- INTRO TO PSYCHOLOGY (PSYC A100)
- PRINCIPLES OF HUMAN SEXUAL BEHAVIOR (SOC A165)
- INTRODUCTORY SOCIOLOGY (SOC A180)
- INTRO INFO SYS/APPLICATIONS (CIS A100)
- INTRO ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY (PSYC A158)
- INTRO SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY (PSYC A260)
- PSYCHOLOGY OF WOMEN (PSYC A105)
- PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSONALITY (PSYC A220)
- ELEMENTARY PHYSIOLOGICAL PSYCHIATRIY (PSYC A250)
- INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS (SPCM A100)
- PSYCHOLOGY OF ADJUSTMENT (PSYC A110)
- NONVERBAL BEHAVIOR (SOC A105)
- BASIC PHOTOGRAPHY (PHOT A120)
- MODERN PRINT MAKING (PHOT A281)
- PORTRAITURE (PHOT A153)
- BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION / ASSERTION (PSYC A215)
- PERSONAL EXPRESSION (PHOT A122)
- INTRO TO COLOR PHOTO (PHOT A155)
- February 2011 to March 2013
I created this website after months of market research and competitive analysis, database planning, system architecture and integration with other systems.
- February 2011 to March 2013
Converted the company's static website to the WordPress platform, enabling all levels of employees and outside contractors the ability to maintain the content of the website.
- July 2010 to January 2011
I designed the Marshall Reddick Real Estate Network website utilizing the ColdFusion-based MuraCMS content management platform. Much like WordPress, this platform enables non-programmers to maintain the entire website, including the page content, the calendar and blog posts.
- January 2013 to February 2013
For this project, I was given a layered Photoshop file, some Adobe Illustrator files, and screen shots to convert into a WordPress theme.
- January 2013 to Present
510kdecisions.com is a directory of FDA-submitted applications and decisions for device marketing approval written with ColdFusion and MSSQL. It contains data going back to 1976. It features far more advanced cross linking of products, companies and applicants than available with government resources.
- January 2014 to Present
XEN MTB showcases the great wilderness around Southern California where I lead private, guided mountain biking tours.