Mark Warrick – Web Project Manager | Web Programmer
Irvine, CA | Phone (949) 870-9793 | Email: email@example.com | Web: http://warrick.net
Since 1996, planned and developed dozens of websites from start-up web ventures to enterprise level web-based applications. As a hands-on web project manager with knowledge of common web programming and database technologies, not only just managed projects, but became a valuable contributor for many development teams. Detail-oriented team player provided insight into issues and ability to remove roadblocks inhibiting ongoing development. With an advanced technical background, has a unique ability to translate business requirements into workable plans that developers easily understand as well as appreciate. Supports teams with a loyal work ethic and a get-it-done attitude.
Project Management Skills
* SDLC, RAD, Agile, SCRUM and Waterfall Methodologies
* Brain Storming, Technical Requirements Gathering and JAD sessions
* Project Budget Development and Tracking
* Team Building and Management
* Resource, Milestone and Timeline Planning
* Project Proposals, Technical Specifications and Use Cases
* Graphical Screen Mockups and Application Prototypes
* Visio Work Flow, Process Flow Charts and MindJet Site Maps
* Microsoft Project Plans
* Web-based Project Tracking Systems (Jira, Basecamp, ActiveCollab, FlySpray, etc.)
* Project Tracking, Status Reporting and Risk Assessments
Web Programming Languages
Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle
Conversions, Modeling, Normalization, Optimization, Stored Procedures, SQL Query Building
Internet Marketing Skills
Affiliate Marketing, Competitive Analysis, Domain Name Research, Keyword Ad Campaigns (PPC), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Submissions, Website Structure Analysis
Systems Administration Skills
Desktop Support, Email Servers, FTP Servers, Firewalls, Hardware Installation / Upgrades / Troubleshooting, Network Storage Devices, TCP/IP Networking, Remote Desktop, Security, Virus / Spyware Detection and Elimination, Windows Server Administration, Linux Server Administration
MindJet MindManager, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Online Project Tracking Tools
Technical Services Programmer Analyst at MessageBroadcast, Newport Beach, CA
February 2011 – March 2013
* From conception to completion, created http://www.cliktocall.com
* Converted the company website (http://www.messagebroadcast.com) to the popular content management system WordPress, enabling all levels of employees and outside contractors the ability to maintain the content of the website.
* Integrated the company website with SalesForce.com to gather and automatically distribute sales leads to the sales team.
* Installed a live chat system on the company website, enabling all staff members of all departments to interact with website visitors depending upon their various needs.
* Created a multi-channel online marketing strategy that encompasses white hat SEO tactics, paid search engine ad placements (SEM), and email marketing techniques to drive traffic, and ultimately new sales opportunities to the company.
* Implemented Google Analytics tracking to measure all online marketing efforts, including specific goals tied to Adwords campaigns.
* Created an email marketing system with similar functionality to well-known email service providers such as Constant Contact, Vertical Response, and others.
* Created an online document tracking and approval system, therein eliminating the archaic methods of printing, faxing, and emailing important documents to clients.
* Utilized extensive knowledge of ColdFusion, Microsoft SQL, WordPress and MySQL in the planning and development of web-based applications.
* Documented all major projects with MindJet MindManager.
Project Manager at Ocean Living, Inc., Irvine, CA
July 2010 – January 2011
* Built and maintained the company’s ColdFusion-based website: http://www.mrren.com.
* Configured an external email marketing system: http://www.constantcontact.com and trained marketing staff on correct usage of the system. The company delivered, on average, 250,000 email messages per month to their customer base.
* Established an internal project tracking system and thorough documentation procedures for all projects.
* Setup multiple internal file share systems and security for various levels of management.
* Configured secure network access including managing the Sonic Wall network security device, configured routers, firewalls, Active Directory server, Anti-Virus software, Terminal Server, remote clients, mobile devices, etc.
* Moved key company employees to Microsoft Exchange Server and configured their mobile devices for email access.
* Built and maintained the company’s accounting server including secure remote access for external accountants and established a backup plan for critical accounting data files.
* Maintained and improved integration of social networks as marketing channels including Facebook, Meetup.com and LinkedIn with other marketing efforts and the company website.
* Provided Microsoft Windows server support for internal and external Windows-based file servers, web servers, mail servers, and a cloud-computing platform at RackSpace.
* Established backup plans for email, documents, media and critical servers and quickly recovered critical data losses during hardware and software failures.
* Provided strategy and direction to the marketing team for ongoing internet and email marketing efforts and the company management team on overall company strategies.
ColdFusion Software Engineer at Examweb, LLC, Costa Mesa, CA
July 2009 – May 2010
* Assisted with requirements gathering and meetings with clients and created flow charts, project charters, functional specifications, project plans and other documentation as needed.
* Established thorough documentation procedures for requirements gathering including the use of MindJet and a web-based project tracking system for all major projects.
* Created detailed work estimates for all new projects and assisted with sales strategies.
* Monitored all projects with an online tracking system capable of identifying potential slippages in schedules.
* Provided ColdFusion programming for new and existing online exam preparation and testing platforms including integration with third party servers via XML and web services, automated data exchanges, and e-commerce payment gateways.
* Established an issue tracking system used to monitor daily support requests and ongoing projects, and installed a document tracking system (SharePoint) for company-wide intelligence.
* Evaluated for hire and managed other ColdFusion developers (Teams of 1-2 developers). * Configured and maintained all Windows-based Systems, including many dedicated servers hosted with RackSpace, and internal development servers. Reconfigured and consolidated outdated and unneeded equipment, saving the company $36-50k annually and improving system-wide performance, reliability, and
* Managed DNS, Firewalls, security and network connections.
* Performed ongoing systems analysis to identify bottlenecks in processes – such as tuning the Microsoft SQL queries and optimizing long-running ColdFusion templates.
Project Manager at Freedom Interactive, Irvine, CA
February 2007 – January 2008
* Contributed to the creation of a social networking website designed to be an online meeting place for Orange County’s 275,000 high school students.
* Facilitated months of requirements gathering meetings and authored the project documentation.
* Created the technical structure of the system, including the database structure.
* Directly managed a team of four dedicated web developers, including daily prioritizations of tasks.
* Was involved in the actual programming of the website itself utilizing PHP and MySQL in a multi-tiered, version-controlled development environment.
* Regularly communicated internally with about 40 people involved in the project and externally with 3rd party technology partners such as: Google, Amazon, Pluck, Brightcove, and Zvents.
* Wrote specifications and developed a project plans to centralize the company’s content management systems across multiple web properties. In doing so, I reduced significant costs associated with maintaining multiple websites.
Project Manager at Specific Media, Irvine, CA
December 2005 – January 2007
* Oversaw the development of new products for the company throughout the entire life cycle from strategic planning to managing implementation.
* Led the production of many opt-in lead generation web portals.
* Regularly translated marketing requirements into technical documentation and acted as the main contact between a small team of web developers, graphics artists, and senior management of the company.
* Developed and maintained the company’s project tracking system, in use by 100 employees.
* Was also personally involved in the development process as well, helping out with graphics, PHP programming, MySQL database design, project management, and all other logistics as needed.
* Was successful in promoting the company through search engine optimization efforts and search engine marketing efforts that have resulted in the company’s various websites consistently being ranked in the first page of search results for nearly all relevant keywords on all major search engines.