Executive Summary – Paperless Surveys, Issue Tracking and Remarketing System
The paperless survey management, issues tracking and remarketing system will be a home-grown, web-based solution integrated with existing systems and utilized by all departments within the organization, replacing paper-based processes. Converting all of the manual processes to an electronic system will solve the current inefficiencies, provide better reporting, enable a robust tracking mechanism for issues, and create much needed tools for future marketing efforts.
Business Challenge / Background
Paper-based surveys have created logistical challenges for managers within our company that are tasked with handling customer-reported issues and responding with ongoing policy changes to address those issues. Paper reports and hand-written notes have become an increasingly inefficient means of tracking issues. Transcription of customer data for remarketing is time-consuming, prone to errors, and ineffective. As the volume of paperwork grows, it has become necessary to rid our organization of the paper surveys, reports and related notes reports due to fire code standards.
- Increase operational efficiency across all departments, thereby reducing operational costs.
- Improve issues tracking and resolution communications across departments.
- Eliminate related paperwork, thereby ensuring compliance with fire code regulations.
- Decrease the cost of and increase the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- The solution will store customer surveys and replace existing reports.
- The solution will provide an electronic method of communicating and tracking of issues.
- The solution will provide electronic source data and campaign tracking for future market efforts.
- Begin requirements gathering and documentation of the to-be business processes now.
- Identify common data points within existing systems (i.e. accounting, booking system).
- Map the future data flow from data collection, through each department’s system and eventual marketing efforts to ensure consistency.
- Create the data structure of the future system and document the future data integrations with existing systems.
- Create graphical mockups of screen-flows, reports, and related system functions.
- Select internal staff or external vendor for custom programming.
- Design the system according to the business requirements and mockups in Q1, 2017.
- Test the system internally beginning Q2, 2017.
- Release the system to the public and begin all internal use by start of Q3, 2017.